- 2. Information we may collect from you
- 3. Information you give us
- 4. Information we collect about you
- 5. Information we receive from other sources
- 6. Cookies
- 7. Disclosure of your information
- 8. Where we store your personal data
- 9. Security
- 10. Your rights
- 11. Access to information
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Calvetron Brands Limited of One Eleven, Edmund Street, Birmingham West Midlands, B3 2HJ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you shop with us we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites including information provided when you search for and/or order products, subscribe to any services we offer, request further services, comment on our blogs, submit any product reviews, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter competitions, promotions or surveys. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence.
Information we collect about you
On each visit to our sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders. This means that we can deal quickly with any problems you may experience with your order.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Calls made to our Guest Service Helpline may be recorded for monitoring and quality control purposes.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collate aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to deal with your orders for the supply of our goods;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our sites about goods or services that may interest you or them;
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with (them or) you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 200 women aged under 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Calvetron Brands Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take your security and privacy very seriously, and do everything we can to keep the details of your order and payment secure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We use Internet standard encryption technology to scramble your data after you transmit it to us. This process is known as SSL (secure sockets layer). To check that you are in a secure area of our site, look at the bottom right of your browser and you will see a closed padlock or an unbroken key. Your payment details are held in an encrypted format until we process your order. All orders are processed on computers that are not connected to the Internet. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce and is certified by the world’s most respected certification body for the Internet firms.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet may not be completely secure. However, once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect your personal data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 31 days.